- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 1 - 20 of 139
12 Aug 2014
The Sri Lanka National Human Development Report 2014 on Youth and Development will be launched on August 12, 2014. Exploring the challenges of young people and opportunities for development, NHDR 2014 is expected to provide a new platform for youth policy development and reform.
21 Jul 2014
As part of Social Integration Week 2014, a street drama was organized at the Karachchi Divisional Secretariat in Kilinochchi by the Kilinochchi District participants of the Women’s Empowerment for Social Integration initiative to raise awareness on social integration and gender empowerment among communities in the area.
21 Jul 2014
Opening of the Northern Provincial Centre of the Ministry of National Languages and Social Integration with the support of UNDP
Marking Social Integration Week 2014, the Northern Provincial Centre of the Ministry of National Languages and Social Integration was ceremoniously declared open by Hon. Vasudeva Nanayakkara, Minister of National Languages and Social Integration on July 15, 2014. The Centre is located in Kilinochchi.
26 Jun 2014
The Ministry of Economic Development signed an agreement with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to support the Governments rural livelihood development programmes to withstand climate-related shocks.
28 May 2014
Speech by UNDP Country Director at the South Asia Ozone Officers Network Meeting (Inauguration Session)
It is an honour and a privilege for me to address this august gathering on behalf of the United Nations System in Sri Lanka, and on behalf of the UN Resident Coordinator in Sri Lanka Mr. Subinay Nandy, with discussions centred around the Montreal Protocol and its special effort to reduce global warming, both internationally as well as locally.
27 Feb 2014
As we launch the National Volunteer Secretariat under the umbrella of the Volunteer Information and Coordination Centre, this day marks an important milestone in UNV’s and UNDP’s collaborative efforts with the Ministry of Social Services in the area of promoting volunteerism in Sri Lanka.
12 Feb 2014
Hon. Ministers and Deputy Minister(s); Ambassadors, High Commissioners and members of the Diplomatic Corps; Secretaries and Senior Government Officials; members of partner organizations; colleagues from the UN System; ladies and gentlemen; It is indeed an honour and a privilege for me to be present at the official launch of UNDP’s new flagship Strengthening Enforcement of Law, Access to Justice and Social Integration (SELAJSI) Programme, and to make the key note address.
12 Feb 2014
It is indeed my pleasure to extend a very warm welcome to all of you on the occasion of the formal launch of the UNDP-supported “Strengthening Enforcement of Law, Access to Justice and Social Integration” Programme, which is being implemented in close partnership with the Government of Sri Lanka.
12 Feb 2014
On February 12, 2014, UNDP in Sri Lanka launched its new flagship programme, Strengthening Enforcement of Law, Access to Justice and Social Integration (SELAJSI), in the presence of Mr. Haoliang Xu, he visiting United Nations Assistant Secretary-General, Chair, United Nations Development Group Asia-Pacific and UNDP Assistant Administrator & Director, Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific.
05 Feb 2014
Mr. Haoliang Xu, the Assistant Secretary-General, Assistant Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme, Director of UNDP's Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific and Chair of the UN Regional Director’s Team for Asia and the Pacific will be visiting Sri Lanka from February 9-12, 2014.
28 Nov 2013
UNDP in collaboration with UNWomen and the Sri Lanka GBV Forum, supported the Ministry of Child Development and Women’s Affairs to hold a policy dialogue on “Gender Based Violence and Women in Peace Building: Linking the National Human Rights Action Plan”
25 Nov 2013
UNDP, under its Communities for Progress (C4PII) Project, together with the University of Colombo, commenced a workshop on technical capacity building of Community Based Organizations (CBOs) in Anuradhapura.
22 Nov 2013
A Certificate Course in Community Leadership Development was launched by Sri Lanka Foundation (SLF) in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) under the Communities for Progress (C4P II) project funded by the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAid).
07 Oct 2013
Thavachsri Charles Vijayaratnam’s from Sri Lanka has been named as a recipient of the 2013 N Peace Award for her unceasing efforts to improve the lives of rural communities. She will be among 6 other staunch women’s rights activist who will receive the 2013 N-Peace Awards, a prestigious prize which recognizes the leadership role of women and peace advocates from six conflict-affected countries in Asia.
20 Sep 2013
A new climate change mitigation project to promote sustainable biomass energy production and modern bio-energy technologies in Sri Lanka commenced with an inception workshop on September 17, 2013. The project is aimed at supporting Sri Lankan industries to meet energy needs from locally sourced fuel wood derived through sustainable practices, instead of imported furnace oil, kerosene and diesel.
17 Sep 2013
UNDP mourns the loss of Sunila Abeysekera, a renowned leader in women’s rights and defender of human rights, who died of cancer in Colombo on 9 September 2013. She was 61.
12 Sep 2013
Marking a key milestone, the Eastern Provincial Office of the Department of Registration of Persons was ceremoniously opened on September 10, 2013 by Mrs. Malkanthi Wickramasinghe, Secretary, Ministry of National Languages and Social Integration and Mr. J. A. Ranjith, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Defence, in the presence of Mr. R. M. S. Sarath Kumara, Commissioner General of the Department for Registration of Persons.
06 Sep 2013
UNDP Sri Lanka, in partnership with the Ministry of Public Administration and Home Affairs initiated the new ‘Governance for Local Economic Development’ (GLED) Programme. This new five year Programme will focus on strengthening governance capacities of sub-national level governance institutions, civil society, the private sector and communities in order to foster access to enhanced public sector service delivery and improve socio-economic opportunities and social cohesion across lagging and vulnerable regions in the North and East, while securing their transition from recovery to development.
05 Sep 2013
New programme on ‘Strengthening Enforcement of Law, Access to Justice and Social Integration in Sri Lanka’ comes into operation
UNDP, in partnership with four Ministries of the Government of Sri Lanka, has initiated a new Programme, “Strengthening Enforcement of Law, Access to Justice and Social Integration in Sri Lanka (SELAJSI)”. The new Programme builds on the support provided by UNDP over the past eight years through its Access to Justice Projects that contributed to increasing the awareness of local communities about their rights and the legal and judicial mechanisms to protect them.
02 Sep 2013
“Working together to build an inclusive, sustainable and resilient Asia-Pacific”: UN Development Chief for Asia and the Pacific
Mr. Haoliang Xu assumes his role as the new Director of the Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) today.
- Ten Things that need to change by Senel Wanniarchchi - Panel Member #NHDR2014 launch event. #YouthNDev 27 August AT 12:25 PM
- “Youth should be part of finding solutions to the difficulties they face, rather than simply being passive recipients of support identified and prioritized by adults… According to the National Youth Survey 2013, 72 percent of respondents indicated that their primary choice of engagement was through voting. Only a much smaller 5 percent appeared to be involved in direct political activism.” Extracted from the Sri Lanka National Human Development Report 2014. As a young person how can you engage in broader political and civic activities? What needs to change to facilitate your participation? As a young policymaker what are you doing to encourage youth engagement in civic and political dimensions? Tell us what you think. Join the conversation! තරුණ සමාජීය සහ දේශපාලන සහභාගිත්වය “තරුණයින් තමා මුහුණපාන ගැටලුවලට විසඳුම් සොයා යාමේදී වැඩිහිටියන් විසින් හඳුනාගනුලැබ ප්රමුඛත්වය දෙනු ලබන විසඳුම් නිහඬව පිළිගන්නවාට වඩා ඔවුන්ද ඒ විසඳුමෙහි කොටස්කරුවන් විය යුතුයි... 2013 ජාතික තරුණ සමීක්ෂණය අනුව ප්රතිචාර දැක්වූවන්ගෙන් සියයට 72 ක්ම තමන්ගේ ප්රාථමික සහභාගිත්වය ඡන්දය දීම පමණක් බව සඳහන් කළහ. සෘජු දේශපාලන ක්රියාකාරී සහභාගිත්වයක් ඇත්තේ සියයට 5 ක් වැනි සුළු පිරිසකගේ පමණි.” උපුටා ගැනීම් 2014 ශ්රී ලංකා ජාතික මානව සංවර්ධන වාර්තාවෙනි. තරුණයින් වශයෙන් ඔබට පුළුල් දේශපාලන හා සමාජ ක්රියාකාරිත්වයේ සහභාගි විය හැක්කේ කෙසේද? ඔබගේ සහභාගිත්වය පහසු කිරීම සඳහා වෙනස් කළ යුත්තේ කුමක්ද? තරුණ ප්රතිපත්ති සැලසුම්කරුවෙකු ලෙස සමාජ සහ දේශපාලන ක්ෂේත්රවල තරුණ සහභාගිත්වය දිරිමත් කිරීමට ඔබ කරන්නේ කුමක්ද? ඔබේ අදහස් අපට කියන්න. අප හා සාකච්ඡාවට එක් වන්න! இளைஞர்களின் குடியியல் மற்றும் அரசியல் பங்கேற்பு “இளைஞர்கள் வயது வந்தோர்களால் அடையாளம்காணப்பட்டு முன்னுரிமைப்படுத்தப்பட்ட விடயங்களினால் பெறும் உதவிகளை முனைப்பின்றி பெறுபவர்களாகவன்றி, அவர்கள் எதிர்கொள்ளும் பிரச்சினைகளுக்கு தீர்வுகாண்பதில் பங்காளிகளாக இருத்தல் வேண்டும்... தேசிய இளைஞர் ஆய்வு – 2013 இன் பிரகாரம், 72 வீதமானோர் பங்கேற்பின் முதன்மையான தெரிவு வாக்களிப்பாகும் என குறிப்பிட்டுள்ளனர். அதேநேரம் ஒரு சிறிய எண்ணிக்கையான 5 வீதமானோர் மாத்திரமே நேரடியான அரசியல் நடவடிக்கைகளில் பங்கேற்கின்றனர்.” இலங்கை தேசிய மானிட அபிவிருத்தி அறிக்கை 2014 இல் இருந்து எடுக்கப்பட்டது நீர் ஒரு இளைஞராக எவ்வாறு இந்த பரந்த அரசியல் மற்றும் குடியியல் செயல்முறைகளில் பங்கேற்க முடியும்? உங்களது பங்கேற்பை வளப்படுத்த எவ்வகையான மாற்றங்கள் செய்யப்படல் வேண்டும்? குடியியல் மற்றம் அரசியல் துறையில் இளைஞர்களை ஊக்குவிக்கும் வகையில், ஓர் இளம் கொள்கை வகுப்பாளராக நீர் எடுக்கும் நடவடிக்கைகள் யாவை? நீர் நினைப்பதை எமக்குத் தெரியப்படுத்துங்கள். சம்பாசனையில் இணையுங்கள்! 25 August AT 01:50 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook